Imaging Associates is closely monitoring the developments regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and taking steps to ensure our patients, visitors, staff and radiologists remain safe.
Imaging Associates is dedicated to providing services to our patients and the wider healthcare community. Our clinics will remain open.
~ Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19?
~ Have you had close contact with someone with COVID-19?
~ Are you or someone in your household waiting on COVID-19 test results?
~ Do you have the following symptoms?
Shortness of breath
If you answered yes to any of these questions and are planning to come to an Imaging Associates clinic, please call the clinic before attending.
If you suspect you or a family member has COVID-19 you should call (not visit) your GP or call the national hotline on 1800 020 080.
Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
COVID-19 has the following features:
- Highly contagious
- Spread via droplet: sneeze, cough, directly and via contaminated surfaces
- Most susceptible are the elderly and or those with chronic medical conditions
- You may be contagious before symptoms show
- Lasts for one to two weeks
- Causes respiratory infection and may lead to pneumonia
Imaging Associates has implemented some changes and is following a COVID Safe Plan. Our top priority is to protect our patients and staff. We will continue to provide the best quality of care to patients. We acknowledge that this is a challenging time and these changes can be difficult. We ask that you speak to our team prior to your appointment if you have any queries about the following points. Being respectful of each other is especially important now. We do not tolerate abusive, threatening, or disrespectable behaviour in our clinics.
For patients and visitors
- All patients are asked to call for an appointment. Walk-in services are no longer available to allow screening measures to take place.
- All patients and visitors are being screened for contact history and symptoms. We may delay your appointment or determine appropriate clinical management plans with your referring doctor.
- At our Box Hill, Mitcham and Tecoma clinics it is a condition of entry and part of our COVID Safe Plan that all persons over the age of 12 wear a mask.
A surgical mask will be supplied to you if you do not have a suitable mask.
If you have a lawful exception to not wear a mask, please speak to our staff prior to your appointment.
If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, it is our policy that you will need to provide a medical certificate to verify this.
- Patients attend their appointments alone. If you require a carer or support person, please discuss this with our team at the time of booking. In these special circumstances, one additional adult person may attend with them.
Obstetric Ultrasounds: As above, we are currently not allowing additional people in the ultrasound room with you. You are welcome to bring a partner/support person to drive you to and from the ultrasound examination however, they will be asked to wait outside the clinic or in the car during the examination. All images are available shortly after your scan our app – IA X-RAY.
- Hand sanitisers are placed within our clinics. Please clean your hands as you enter and leave.
- We encourage you to bring your own water bottle. We have temporarily removed water dispensers, toys, and magazines from our waiting rooms.
- Provided we have your mobile number on file, all our images are sent electronically to patients via our patient portal IA X-RAYS.
We thank all patients for their support and understanding as we work to ensure a safe environment for both patients and our staff during this unprecedented situation.
IAG has been implementing the following measures to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and patients:
- Intensive cleaning of all clinics and offices
- Amendment of workflow processes to minimise cross-contamination between rooms and clinics
- Wash or sanitise hands after every patient as per usual practice
- Sterilise ultrasound probes as per usual practice
- Cleaning of imaging equipment and surfaces in contact with patients after every scan
- Observing social distancing practices in our clinics wherever possible
- If any of our staff are feeling unwell they have been instructed to stay home and rest.
How you can protect yourself and your family
- Hand hygiene is the best defence. Wash your hands with soap and water and use hand sanitiser.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing and sneezing or cough into your elbow. Dispose of the tissue into a bin and then wash your hands afterwards.
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay home.
- Maintain physical distance when out and about.
- Face masks are mandatory for use by members of the public in Victoria.
- Limit your social interactions to very small numbers particularly in enclosed spaces.
- Check DHHS website regularly for updates and advice
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services – https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
- Australia Government https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-what-you-need-to-know
- RACGPs ‘Coronavirus information for GPs‘